martes, 15 de abril de 2014
Third class of the second period
This time I was really excited and a Little bit at the same time because it was going to be my last class with Basic students, I really liked that group because it remembers me when I was at that level and I just new how to say some words and some things, and I wanted to now more and more every single day. Now that I am in my last year of the university I can notice that I have learned a lot and I hope they learn even more than what I have learned until now.
That day I was really happy in my class, I greeted my students and I tried to carry out my class with all the material I had prepared. That day I prepared some drawings and each drawing had it own name. I pasted all the drawings on the board and I gave two pieces of paper to each student, they were going to look for at the name thay had and will oing to look for the drawing on the board and will paste the name under each drawing. They were really happy working on that warm up and happy of knowing the names of the ítems they were looking at on the board. That type of exercises are good for visual stdents because they learn through looking at something and we can be sure that they won´t forget it. After that I ask them to repeat every sinle Word pasted on the board and they were happily doing it.
When I finished with the warm up, I gave them a page in which they were working in some excersises. After that they listened to a auidio in which they were putting into practice what I had previously thaught them with the drawings.
I gave them many activities to practice what they were learning in order to clear all doubts they might had at that moment.
I guess that I need to imprve is that, I need to be prepared with something else if a different situation is presented in the classroom and I won´t have time to finish another activity that will take longer. and I say this because while I was teaching them two boys came in the classroom and asked for permission to make a survey among the stdents. It stole my time and I could not do my last activity in which I was oing to need a Little more of time, anyways, I saved my photocpied material for any other time I am going to teach the same topic.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
hi Bella!!! I was reading about your experience with students from basic level, I was working with basic level in the first period, It was a really nice experience because you can do many good activities with them, I always tried to do work groups, because they were many, Is really nice to read that this experience remembered you when you were in this level because you can see how much you learned through these years. Work with basis level is something especial, because it dependes on you how much they can learn, you have a big challenge with basic level because they are starting something that will help them the rest of their life, using a lot of material is really important because extra information always help to learn more!!! blessings
ResponderEliminarBeing prepare for our class is something that a good teacher does. I like when you said that you were excited for teaching because that means that you felt comfortable and enthusiastic. That positive attitude helped students to feel motivated, too. Don’t feel disappointed for not carried out all the activities that you planed because external factors are not controllable. I am so sorry because you didn’t use the material so that I hope you could use it latter.
ResponderEliminarYou are raich Bella, jejeje I had the same feeling when I was teaching. I just recalled when I was in the first year, and I was not able to make too much for responding to the Enlgish.
ResponderEliminarI think, we have gone through many diffulties but actually we are about to finish. All those experiences that we had in the past we are coming them alive for our self, and this is great.
Hi Bella, let me tell you that I really like the warm up you performed in your last class since that's new for me. I didn't know about that activity until know, so it's pretty good you share it with us because from now on, we can put it into practice with our future students.
ResponderEliminar