sábado, 14 de junio de 2014

First practice! third period..

Well this day I was really excited that I was going to teach my studets of english access. I was told that this groups of students are really good, that are students with a big desire to learn english every day. I was told that they like to get involve in the class, that they like to participate and even though not all of them are really good for english but they try to do their best. That day I had all my material prepared, I got early at the classroom, I was nervous but I tried not to let them know it. I started my class that day with the warm up that I had prepared for them, they were studying the simple past at that time. Then I gave them my first activity and they worked, they participated in the activity, but when I gave them the second actvity, the teacher Christan who was monitoring and checking my class geve a piece of paper that said that the students had to leave early because there were some rumours that there were some bad people that were threatened others that friday afternoon. So, I had to finish my class earlier and the students couldn´t even finished the activity I gave them and I let it as a homework and asked the teacher to check it for next class with them. These are the type of things that as teachers are going to face but we have to be intellingent and be prepared to know what to do in those cases, even though I did not finish what I had prepared or that day I was happy because the students particiated in the activities I gave them. It was a really nice group that I had to teach, I really liked it. It is really sad to know sometimes that the violence in our country affects education, but unfortunately we can say anything to change it, we just need to trust in God and be happy and with a big desire to teach every time we have the oppotunity.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario