domingo, 6 de abril de 2014
First Practice of the second period!!!!!
At this time I taught Basic. I can start saying that it was not too difficult as the last time was, this time I tried to monitor the time I was given for my class, I tried to prepare everything to give a good class. I had to teach about counts and noncount nouns, it was really good because we were talking about food, restaurants, menus and things like those.
It is Kind of challenging to work wth basic students because as teachers we do not have to speak spanish in class but sometimes the students do not understand the directions for an activity or something and they do not do what we expect them to do.
I tried to put into practice every detail the teacher Alex of intermediate level told me in my lasts practices, I know that I will be improving in every class I will teach.
Basic students are pretty nice, my classroom had like twenty students and what I liked the most is that they like to participate in class even though most of them have difficulties to understand, to write and to speak english, but I can see that they are making a big effort to learn a new language and that´s good!
It is important to look for the right activities in the classroom in order to make them participate and learn and it will continue being a big challenge for me because not all the activities are going to be for all the students, I guess it will be something that it can be improved in every class and in evry level I will teach.
This experience was definetely good!!
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Let me tell you that the same happened to me last period with the group of English Access.; I did not know what to do in some cases because sometimes they did not understand what I was asking for, or what I want them to do. As you said it is a big challenge to work with basic students because they do not know too much vocabulary: therefore, I recommend you to adapt the activities to their level, and explain with the most basic words as possible. In that way they will do what you want them to do. I also advice you to make gestures in order to be understood. It is a good technique that I have found, and that had helped me a lot.
ResponderEliminarI also read that your students like to participate in class, and let me tell you that it is one of the things that I love from some students because you can make your work easily and without any problem. Until now, I had not had any group that does not like to participate, but I think it could be difficult. I had heard some of our classmates making commends about students’ participation, and I can see that it is not too easy. We have to know, as well that not every time that we go to a classroom will be nice. Therefore, we have to live these experiences in order to know what to do in any case and never give up.