viernes, 28 de febrero de 2014

THIRD PRACTICE!


At this time I think that I improved a Little bit more because I felt more confident since I got in the classroom, I talked to some students, I prepared everything I was going to use and I started my class on time. I took some sentence strips for the students to work in groups, but unfortunately they took more time to make them than the time I expected. Even though, they are in an intermediate level, there are some basic things that are still hard for them. After that I tried to put the listening but it did not work, so I had to read the conversation and they were repeating after me.
They roled play the situation I asked the to do and it was really funny. I made them work in pairs on some worksheets, but they were not able to finish, so the teacher worked on that with them at the end of my class.
Almost everythng went the way I expected, I think there are still some things that I have to improve such as: monitor the time, activities, etc. I hope to improve them in my next practices with basic and advanced level.

This was a big challenge for me but it was also a good experience inside the university.

4 comentarios:

  1. Sometimes, the class doesn’t go the way we want; however, we have to do everything as possible to maintain our students’ attention and on track. I like the way you developed the conversation as you read it when you noticed the Mp3 didn’t function. Moreover, as if this was your fist experience teaching university students I can say that that is the way to go. So, continue doing your best, and the next time you will develop your class in a better way

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think in this time we are more confident, even though, you mentioned that sometimes students take more time that the exxpected to do a task but that is common until for the professional teacher. I remember that in my second class, I could not finish the last activity and this was the base for my objective but no way, the teacher told me to be more careful the next time and to time everything to a better grade. hehe!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Bellanira, it is hard that the things do not work in the way that we want, but you did it well as you read the conversation for them that is so good as you did what you have to do. Good job Bella, continue doing always your best.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think that most of us had faced these kinds of things in the classroom while we are teaching. We expect to finish all the activities that we have planned but in most of the cases it takes more and more time. Let me tell you that I lived a similar experience in my first practice I work with a listening activity and it was supposed to be done in five minutes but it took more time from what I expected. So these kinds of things are very common and I also think that it depends on the kind of level because if you work with advanced level I think that they will do it faster because they do not need too much explanation as Basic levels. Therefore, I think that we have to work hard on making activities that are not so complicated for them because they do not have too much vocabulary. That`s why they take more time on developing the activities. I also want to say that I like your attitude because although you are facing many things in this practice you expect to do it better next time, and that`s good not to give up.

    ResponderEliminar